Calvary Chapel Monmouth/Independence is a family of believers who strive to glorify God by loving each other and following the Bible. We provide a strong foundation for both new and current believers to grow in their walk with the Lord, as well as in their love for their fellow man.
“Above all, love each other deeply because love covers a multitude of sins.”1 Peter 4:8
Calvary Chapel is a fellowship of believers under the lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know and love Jesus, and to be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit, through the study of His Word.
We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only the overemphasis on doctrinal differences that have led to so much division in the Body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis for Christian fellowship is Christ’s Agape Love, which is greater than any differences we possess, and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
- That there is but one God and He is the God of the Bible. Deut.6:4, Is.44:8.
- He is eternally existent in three distinct persons – the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Matt.28:19-20, John 10:30.
- That God created the universe and everything in it. That there is only one way to get to heaven and that is by personally accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. A true conversion will exhibit a turning from a nature of sin to a nature of following God and His word. Gen.1:1, Gen.2:1, John 3:16.
- That the Bible is the inerrant word of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. Matt.6:33, I Cor. 1:30, 2 Cor. 5:21.
- In the gifts of the Spirit as described in the Bible and that they are valid for today and to be exercised within scriptural guidelines. Heb. 2:4, I Cor. 5:21.
- That Jesus will come and catch up His church prior to the great tribulation. Matt. 24:29-31, Rom. 5:9, I Thess. 4:13-17.
- That Jesus is coming again and will rule on this earth for a thousand years with His saints and the angels after which all who have accepted Jesus as Savior will dwell with Him forever on the New Earth. Rev. 20:4-6, Rev. 21:1.